Sunday, August 30, 2009

He's off too

Playing catch up since I'm not really a blogger.

On Saturday, I got up early to hit the lakefront trail before the ten bajillion other people invaded... turns out you have to get up pretty early in the morning to avoid the crowds because i definitely was surrounded.

As Ashley explains, the Couch to 5K program is all about interval endurance training. Like my fellow training mate, I ran into timing issues. Whenever I would look up to enjoy the view/scenery, I would throw off my walk/run proportion. My co-worker Noreen today recommended I get an iphone app that actually gives you an audio cue for programmed running. I'm definitely going to look into that.

Otherwise, the run went well and I felt the burn. Despite the slow pace, the training does give you the feeling that you're learning how to run in the right way.

Not a bad start.

No comments:

Post a Comment